Another year older, another year wiser? Here are 24 things I have learned over the past 24 years.
- The answer is always ‘no’ until you ask.
- Rejection doesn’t mean that what you’re offering isn’t good. It just isn’t what they are looking for right now.
- Work yields result.
- Sometimes you just can’t do it alone.
- Sometimes making ends meet means putting dreams on hold.
- A holiday doesn’t mean relaxation.
- Kids never run out of things to share. Including but not limited to their boogers and dead bugs.
- Holding onto things is the best way to stop moving forward.
- Just because it’s been a long time, doesn’t mean it’s permanent. Nothing is.
- Planning is much easier than doing but far less fullfilling.
- There will never be a perfect time to do the thing. Just do it.
- If someone doesn’t treat you with care, it’s because they don’t care. Don’t let them waste space in your life.
- Being called ‘mummy’ is both the most rewarding and the most insanity-causing experience in the world.
- Learning never stops.
- You don’t need a degree to make something of yourself.
- Experiences are worth far more than material things.
- What you want out of life will rarely ever be in your comfort zone.
- I am not depression and anxiety. I have depression and anxiety.
- Act on a thought within the first 5 seconds of having it for the highest chance of actually doing the thing.
- Listening to someone doesn’t always mean hearing their words. Body language is its own form of communication that needs to be heard.
- Pick your battles.
- If you truly want something, you will always be able to make things work.
- You’ll always be your own biggest critic. No one will be as critical of you or your work as you are.
- Don’t create unrealistic expectations for yourself, it will end in failure and you will feel terrible about it.
Here’s to another year of challenges, learning, laughter and love!
What are some things you’ve learned through the years?